Brisben is blessed by more than 75 organizations and groups that provide hundreds of volunteers who actively participate in Brisben's Meal Program. These groups include a wide range of churches, a synagogue, other faith-based groups, businesses, civic organizations, chapters and community groups.
Large and small, these organizations plan, purchase, prepare and serve dinners, and some lunches and breakfasts, at Brisben. Because of these caring groups DINNER IS SERVED EVERY NIGHT of the year!
interested in participating in the Brisben Meal Program?
please review this important information.
PLEASE READ — Meal Program Volunteer Group Organizers:
- Volunteer groups are responsible for planning, purchasing, preparing and serving the meal to Brisben residents.
- Groups serving dinner should have at least five volunteers to help. If your group is larger than six, group members may need to rotate in and out of the commercial kitchen. Groups serving lunches and breakfasts may need fewer volunteers.
- Children under age 13 are not permitted in the kitchen and an adult must accompany minors.
- The meal must be a balanced meal according to the USDA standards. This includes a protein, two vegetables or two fruits or one fruit and one vegetable, bread and 1% or skim milk. Your group’s menu must be provided to Brisben one week prior to the your group’s scheduled serving day.
- For dinner — Plan on serving 100 people. Dinner is served every night of the year at 6 p.m.
- For lunch — On weekends plan on serving 50-55 people. For weekday lunches plan for 40-45 people. Lunch is served at noon.
- For breakfast (weekends only) — Plan on serving 50-55 people. Breakfast is served at 8 a.m. Week day breakfast is supplied by Brisben Center.
MEAL PROGRAM CALENDAR
Below is the current calendar of available days for meal service.
Breakfast is served at 8 a.m.; Lunch is served at noon; and Dinner is served at 6 p.m.
If you would like to reserve an open meal time (SHOWN IN GREEN), please send an email to: JHargrove@brisbencenter.org.
If you would like information about current open meal times, please send an email to email@example.com