The Brisben Center communicates URGENT needs via an URGENT NEEDS EMAIL LIST. If you want to be a Brisben Urgent Needs First Responder, please send an email to Executive Director Kim Lally — firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also help provide some of these items by making a donation by check or online. Please go to DONATE FUNDS for information. Your contribution is tax deductible. You can mail your check or bring it to the Center. We love to meet our supporters!
If you would like to volunteer at the Center, please visit our Volunteer page for information.
Organize a collection drive with your class, small group, youth group, friends or family. Then plan a visit to the Center so we can thank you and provide a short tour.
- Bus passes for FRED Bus (purchase at FRED bus station, 1400 Jefferson Davis Hwy or call 540-372-1222)
- Packages of underwear, and pajamas (new) — mens (Lg-3X); womens (5-13)
- Bath towels (new)
- Ear plugs
- Gym shorts (new or gently used) — men and women (lg-3X)
- Fitted twin sheets for our dormitory beds. (new or gently used)
(* indicates needed now)
- Move-In Box: include a clock radio, small lamp, dishes/glasses, silverware, small sweeper (items gently used or new)
- Cleaning Bucket: include a bucket with sponges, cleaning solutions, mop and broom
- Laundry Basket: basket with detergent, dryer sheets and hangers
- Kids Juice Boxes*
- Coffee, sugar and creamer*
- Large coffee filters*
- Combination locks for lockers
- Bottled water*
- Multi-purpose liquid cleaning products (light or no scent)*
- Toilet Tissue*
- Paper Towels*
- 39-Gallon Trash Bags*
- 13-Gallon Trash Bags*
- Zip-close Bags (all sizes)*
- Latex and Food Service Gloves
- Powdered Drink Mixes (Lemonade/Ice Tea)
- Bath Soap
- Disposable Razors
- Shaving cream*
- Feminine Hygiene Products
- Laundry Detergent (powder preferred)*
- Diapers — Sizes 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
- Baby Wipes
- Calling everyone who has some time and talent to contribute — email the Center at email@example.com. We may have a great volunteer spot for you!