Brisben is incredibly blessed with the support of more than 100 organizations and groups that provide hundreds of volunteers who actively participate in Brisben's Meal Program. These groups include a wide range of churches, the synagogue, other faith-based groups, civic organizations, chapters and community groups.
Large and small, these organizations have committed to planning, purchasing, preparing and serving dinners, and some lunches and breakfasts, at Brisben. These caring groups provide dinner EVERY NIGHT of the year!
Who are these generous and committed organizations ?
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE LIST!
interested in participating in the Brisben Meal Program?
please review this important information.
PLEASE READ — Meal Program Volunteer Group Organizers:
- Volunteer groups are responsible for planning, purchasing, preparing and serving the meal to Brisben clients. Clients do clean-up.
- Groups serving dinner should have at least five volunteers to help. If your group is larger than six, group members may need to rotate in and out of the commercial kitchen. Groups serving lunches and breakfasts may need fewer volunteers.
- Children under age 13 are not permitted in the kitchen and an adult must accompany minors.
- The meal must be a balanced meal according to the USDA standards. This includes a protein, two vegetables or two fruits or one fruit and one vegetable, bread and 1% or skim milk. Your group’s menu must be provided to Brisben one week prior to the your group’s scheduled serving day.
- For dinner — Plan on serving 100 people. Dinner is served every night of the year, normally at 6 p.m.
- For lunch — On weekends plan on serving 45-50 people. For weekday lunches plan for 30-35 people. Lunch is normally served at noon.
- For breakfast — Plan on serving 50 people. Breakfast is normally served at 7 a.m.
OPPORTUNITIES TO PARTICIPATE (Please check the calendar below. Our 2017 calendar is available for sign-up)
We have open dates for lunch and dinner. We have expanded our meal service opportunities to include weekday lunches. These meal service times are ideal for senior and retired groups who can serve from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on weekdays.
Below is the current calendar of available days for meal service.
Breakfast is served at 7 a.m.; Lunch is served at noon; and Dinner is served at 6 p.m.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO RESERVE AN OPEN MEAL TIME (SHOWN IN GREEN), PLEASE SEND AN EMAIL TO: KMORRIS@BRISBENCENTER.ORG.